P E R M O S D a t a s e t 2 0 1 9 - 0 1
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
DOI for scientific data (Identifier): 10.13093/permos-2019-01
Title: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network Database (PERMOS Database)
Creator: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network (PERMOS)
Publisher: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network (PERMOS)
Publication Year: 2019
Release date: 2019-07-12
Online access: http://dx.doi.org/10.13093/permos-2019-01
Citation: PERMOS 2019. PERMOS Database. Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network, Fribourg and Davos, Switzerland. DOI:10.13093/permos-2019-01.
- Ground temperature time series in daily, monthly and annual resolution measured in permafrost boreholes,
- Near ground surface temperature time series in daily, monthly and annual resolution measured at the PERMOS sites,
- Electrical resistivity tomography (ERT) time series in annual resolution measured at fixed profiles at the PERMOS sites,
- Terrestrial geodetic survey (TGS)time series in annual resolution measured on actively moving rock glaciers,
- related meta data.
All data are obtained by the PERMOS Partner Institutions in the scope of the Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network PERMOS.
Keywords: mountain permafrost, borehole temperature, ground surface temperature, active layer thickness, electrical resistivity, rock glacier creep velocity, longterm monitoring
Contributors: ETH Zurich, Universities of Fribourg, Lausanne, and Zurich, WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF Davos, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland.
- PERMOS 2019. Permafrost in Switzerland 2014/2015 to 2017/2018. Noetzli, J., Pellet, C., and Staub., B. (ed.), Glaciological Report (Permafrost) No. 16-19 of the Cryospheric Commission of the Swiss Academy of Sciences, 104pp., doi:10.13093/permos-rep-2019-16-19.
- ....and earlier issues on: http://www.permos.ch/publications.html
Data format: ASCII text, zipped
Data size: 28.3 MB
Spatial coverage: Swiss Alps, Lat (45.9,46.8), Lon (6.8,10.0)
Temporal coverage: 1987 to 2018-09-30
Instruments: thermistor chains, miniature temperature loggers, electrical resistivity tomography, dGPS, total station
Rights: Open access for scientific and educational purposes under requirement of correct citation according to the PERMOS Data Policy.