P E R M O S D a t a s e t 2 0 2 1 - 0 1
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
DOI for scientific data (Identifier): 10.13093/permos-2021-01
Title: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network Database (PERMOS Database)
Creator: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network (PERMOS)
Publisher: Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network (PERMOS)
Publication Year: 2021
Release date: 2021-04-06
Online access: http://dx.doi.org/10.13093/permos-2021-01
Citation: PERMOS 2021. PERMOS Database. Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network, Fribourg and Davos, Switzerland. DOI:10.13093/permos-2021-01.
- Ground temperature time series in daily, monthly and annual resolution measured in permafrost boreholes,
- Near ground surface temperature time series in daily, monthly and annual resolution measured at the PERMOS sites,
- Electrical resistivity tomography (ERT) time series in annual resolution measured at fixed profiles at the PERMOS sites,
- Terrestrial geodetic survey (TGS)time series in annual resolution measured on actively moving rock glaciers,
- related meta data.
Field measurements obtained by the PERMOS Partner Institutions in the scope of the Swiss Permafrost Monitoring Network PERMOS.
Keywords: mountain permafrost, borehole temperature, ground surface temperature, active layer thickness, electrical resistivity, rock glacier creep velocity, long-term monitoring
Contributors: ETH Zurich, Universities of Fribourg, Lausanne, and Zurich, WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF Davos, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland.
- PERMOS 2021. Swiss Permafrost Bulletin 2019/2020. Noetzli, J. and Pellet, C. (eds.), doi:10.13093/permos-bull-2021.
Data format: ASCII text, zipped
Data size: 14.8 MB
Spatial coverage: Swiss Alps, Lat (45.9,46.8), Lon (6.8,10.0)
Temporal coverage: 1987 to 2020-09-30
Instruments: thermistor chains, miniature temperature loggers, electrical resistivity tomography, dGPS, total station
Rights: Open access for scientific and educational purposes under requirement of correct citation according to the PERMOS Data Policy.
DOI METADATA DATA 10.13093/permos-2021-01 info download zipfile
DisclaimerThe data can be subject to errors and inaccuracies (such as e.g., measurement instabilities, thermistor drift, physical disturbances) that have only partly been filtered out. We strongly suggest to perform data quality checks when using the data and to contact PERMOS (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as the principal investigator and/or the responsible institution.